Sunday, February 05, 2006

Over the last few years a have been involved with many educational projects in connection with my musical antics. The success of these was usually reinforced by lots of 'thank you' letters from the children and staff that I had worked with. Last October I was in Bournemouth at Townsend School making instruments and also with families at Bournemouth Community Centre for Arts, as it was funded by Bournemouth Adult Wider Learning there were evaluation sheets to be filled in by the participants.
Evaluation:
6024FL
BCCA
1000-1200
Make a Musical Instrument
Nick Crump
15.10.05.

6 adults; & 8 children (2 x 3 year olds; 6 Primary)

•The children had a fantastic time and made great instruments. The grown ups enjoyed it too.
•Fantastic choice. Children loved it and learnt lots of new skills.
•I thought that was super. All the right equipment, Nick. I enjoyed it a lot and a lot, from Jodie.
•It was really really fun. (Stan aged 5)
•Great equipment and materials. Brilliant to be able to let the kids get stuck in without worrying about the mess or noise!! Thanks Nick. Fab centre and very helpful staff. (Sarah Rice)
•Jodie and myself have had a fantastic morning making instruments. Very inventive, very interesting and fun. Thanks! Enjoyed as much by Mum as daughter!

5 adults; & 10 children (2 x 3 year olds; 8 Primary)
•Incredible!!! Highly recommended. A fantastic afternoon. (Carol, Ron, Rosie Millen)
•Absolutely fantastic. An ideal way to spend a Saturday. Will certainly take all the ideas away with me. Cameron loves to be creative and he enjoys being around tools!!! Wonderful that his younger sister was able to be part of all and join in. I think you should do party events. (Venita)
•Leah thought it was very good and enjoyed herself. Matthew enjoyed the lesson as well. I thought it was good and safe. (Russell Miles)
•Thank you for a great workshop. Bethany and Emily have had lots of fun exploring all the different materials! I would love to hear about other workshops. (Alison Cox)

Well it is nice to get a compliment.

So I have been asked back to do some more workshops for the Open Day for Family Learning at BCCA on 25th March.

Meanwhile I have learnt more about the TV filming that Seoul Broadcasting Station want to make about me.
The programme features unusual or unique people to be shown in South Korea as a light hearted documentary. 'Fly on the wall, follow you round for a couple of days' set up.
Probably to be done in March. I will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home